There are some statistics that are important at the start of this article. They are:
- Family engagement in home literacy practices were higher in 2012 than in 2001.
- In 2004 to 2005, about 64% of of two-year-olds had a highly expressive vocabulary.
- The rate of dropouts decreased from 10.9% in 2000 to 5.9% in 2015.
- From 2000 to 2015, the dropout rate of boys went down from 12.0% to 6.3%. The rate for girls went down from 9.9% to 5.4%.
- 71% of children ages 3 and older used the internet in 2013.
- In public schools, the student/teacher ratio was 16.1 in 2013.
- In private schools, the student/teacher ratio was 12.2 in 2013.
A word. A word is important to know, especially if teaching children. The vocabularies of children grow over time and with Continue readingShare This : by