Did you know that only 90% of child care costs in the United States are paid by parents, while tax payer dollars are used to pay the other 10%? Even though many people believe that parents should assume all responsibility for caring for their children, there are many parents who cannot afford to pay for day care providers, even if they work full time.
There’s not secret that raising a child is difficult, but one of the most difficult things about being a parent is having to leave them behind to go to work each day. But the average cost of living in the United States in 2014 makes is impossible for many families to sustain themselves on one income. Thus, households with both parents working full-time jobs has been the norm since the 1960s.
However, just because both parents are working doesn’t m Continue readingShare This : by