There are many ways that parents can make sure that their children get the best education possible. From the preschools that they select to the high school classes that they take, it is important that parents make informed decisions about the educational choices that you make. In addition to the the required math, science, and English classes, it is also important to expose your child to the earliest possible foreign language classes. And while there are a number of foreign language options available, a growing number of people are selecting a Spanish curriculum for their children.
The latest research indicates that the early children are exposed to a foreign language, the greater success that they will have. In fact, Spanish for preschoolers is an increasingly common part of many of the schools that parents are selecting. Taking the step to find a Spanish immersion curriculum, then, is often the very best choice. From Spanish storybook sets to Advanced Placement Spanish curriculum lessons for high school seniors, there are many ways that a foreign language can help create students who are most prepared for the future.
Spanish Storybook Sets Offer an Early Introduction to a Foreign Language Experience
There are many decisions that parents have to make as their children begin formal education. One of the important factors that many parents consider a priority is selecting educational opportunities that come with foreign language classes. Interestingly enough, children who speak a second language can learn a third language even faster. For this reason, there are many advantages to making sure that your child gets the earliest foreign language exposure possible.
Although starting foreign language study is great if it begins before the age of 10, it is even more ideal if that education begins before the age of 5. One of the reasons that this is such an important factor is that during their first eight years, children are naturally acquiring language skills, because they learn primarily through imitation, repetition, songs, and games. For this reason, a Spanish storybook set is an excellent resource for both homes and classrooms.
Consider some of these facts and figures about foreign language education and the impact that it can have on the youngest of learners:
- Bilingual employees earn an average of 20% more an hour than monolingual employees.
- Spanish is the second most-spoken language in the world, according to census reports. With as many as 387 million native speakers, more people on earth speak Spanish than English.
- Spanish is the official language of 21 countries across the world, and many of those countries are home to many fun and exquisite travel destinations.
- A child will lose the ability to hear and reproduce new sounds as they near the ages between eight and 12, especially when compared to when they were younger. This means that foreign language acquisition is not impossible, but it is more difficult.
- A child’s capacity to pronounce unfamiliar, foreign sounds and to absorb new grammar rules is highly enhanced prior to age six, so it is important to take advantage of the critical time in early development when acquiring language skills comes easily and naturally.
Being a parent is not always easy, but it is possible to make sure that you are doing your best when it comes to educational choices if you look for a setting that includes the earliest foreign language opportunities. The opportunities for Spanish speakers across the globe are endless, so make sure that you give your children the best chance of being part of this group.Share This : by